Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Saturday, October 12, 2013

2 or 3 lanes

Traveling north today on I - 45 and right after I passed Corsicana when the very unique left entrance ramp joins with 45, I spotted a car on my left coming in. I automatically hustled to get on over in the right lane and give that person some room to enter. After I made my way to the right, I realized that there are 3 lanes there now going northbound. It dawned on me then that it may have been like that for years! I don't remember when they made the change and added the extra lane. A change happened and I missed it!

We are like this in life. Changes happen, blessings come our way and we don't even take the time to notice that the prayer has been answered or maybe the relationship has been mended! We just rock on along with life. I think sometimes God must think.... Hey, YOU, do you even notice the work I am doing here?

Inventory your life this weekend. Look back at last year. Are you closer with The Lord than you were in October 2012? If not, What's in the way?

Have prayers been answered? What blessings have been bestowed on you that maybe you took and didn't really give thanks for?

Life is such a gift! Inventory today and give thanks! If something in your life is blocking your path to the LORD, MOVE it! Blessings and joy follow obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment