Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Unexpected

This was a weekend full of unexpected events. Saturday morning I loaded three bags into the trunk of our car and scurried back in to get my coffee. The girls and I had a weekend of shopping, softball, and Nicolas Sparks planned. (His new movie just came out) The boys were staying home for deer season preparation round one and the Freestone County Game Association Dinner in hopes of winning another gun to add to the collection. As I poured my coffee, my youngest nearly ran me over to get to the sink because she was sick. I will leave out the details. I jerked out two bags from the trunk and threw my husband’s bag in. He made a speedy change from boots to khaki shorts and headed to the ballpark. I headed to the couch with my sick little one. This meant Nicolas Sparks was OUT because Dad was going to Dallas and that I had to take the boys to the hunting event if Blaise was well enough to go. I have learned the hard way to nearly expect a Plan B and not to sweat it. A few weeks ago when faced with a similar situation, I manipulated the day to get to do what I wanted and was miserable the entire time. I did not do that this weekend. I simply thought…OK, LORD, you have another plan for the day. There is such peace in knowing God has a plan and He knows all, sees all, and unpacking the bags is better than forcing something to happen that is not in His Will! Unexpected to us is never unexpected to God. Blaise bounced back from her aliment by mid-morning which meant she had to tag along Saturday night with us to the V.F.W. She has sent her Uncle in Dallas a lengthy list of snacks and needed items for the deer lease, but really she is just along for the ride when it comes to hunting. However, when she heard BLAISE MONICO it all changed! She stood right up and marched forward because she won a gun. I jokingly said to the men around me that she would trade the gun for some shoe money. Man, was a wrong! She was so proud of her gun. She called every important male figure in her life who was not present and announced that she won a gun! The funny part was when she tried to recite to her Dad what kind it was. It took five minutes for her to spit it out and it was a “Rosie” like a flower brand rather than a “Rossi.” Her big win was unexpected and her JOY over it was really the unexpected kicker. It made my night. I filled out my first firearm form and we headed out the door with her carrying her very first gun ALL BY HERSELF. I am learning day by day that unexpected does not need to be negative. It is okay when a well planned out plan A goes to Plan B... and it is fun! Paul wrote in Philippians 1 :6 “I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.” Life is just a work in progress! We are all just works in progress, and I am eternally grateful that Jesus uses the unexpected in life to teach us to settle down and trust Him. There are no unexpected events to Him. He is at work in your life. Will you let Him work this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment