Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Observations from home today

Our lake is lower than ever it seems like.

The trees are budding and I see new green when I look across the pasture.

I needed 2 new tires.

I had the money to pay cash for them.

My daughter has a cough.

2 days ago she also had fever.

Hollywood seems to be winning out in America.

My 9 year old read the Bible out loud to us on the way to school this morning.

A friend's mom had a biopsy today on her breast.

She asked me to pray with her and we did at work... without fear.

I forgot to buy horse food today.

New grass seemed to magically appear.

A computer program not working correctly caused frustration today at work.

The input was saved before the "issue" began.

A dear friend is sick in the hospital.

She has a family around her and knows her Heavenly Father.

My feet hurt from my new shoes.

My Aunt Ginger gave them to me and they are cute!

So many families are hurting because of cancer.

The Holy Spirit reminded me to pray for them today.

One of our prized guineas was left out of the coop last week and ran into a raccoon in the night...you know, lots of feathers around and one less guinea.

My purple martins are moving back into their summer home and I can hear them singing all day.

I noticed there are so many tacky songs on the radio.

I ran and listened to Chris Tomlin.

A friend made a long trip last Sunday to see a man she knows and loves dealing with cancer.

She drew closer to God on the way home and thanked Him for her life.

My kids, as usual, got into a little fight right before their Dad walked in the door from work.

As we got out of the car after dinner with friends, my seven year old called each of us by name and said that he loved his family.

I turn on the news or even glance at my Facebook and wonder what is happening all around me with so many hurting and lost.

I make a choice when I wake up my kids in the morning that today I can not control the world or what people around me may do or say, but I can control my attitude and the environment that I create here in my own home.


Life really all depends on perspective.
A "no" from God is always really a "yes" in time.
Keep on looking for blessings this week!
Start a journal.
Write them down.
Make it an intentional choice to notice what is going right in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment