Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Sunday, April 14, 2013

Laundry issues

I often find interesting objects in my washer and dryer. I do a happy dance when it is money or something of value. I'm not as happy when it is gum left in a pocket of new Nike pants, lipgloss seemingly poured out on a blouse of mine, or pocket knives that flip, flop, turn, and rust!

Last week I found something interesting in my dryer. It looked like flaky bits of snow that had been blown into my laundry from a huge winter storm. Every bit of clothing was covered in it. I never found the source and couldn't concentrate on that, but began a shake to get it off of everything. I shook the clothes in the laundry room and had to immediately sweep. I had to give them another shake in my room before I could fold them on my bed. After 3 or 4 shakes, I reached the point that my clothes were no longer covered, but my floor was. Thus, the second sweep began.

I thought if how we too can be covered in things. We can choose to cover ourselves in the Word of God or we can choose to cover ourselves in the mess of the world. The choice is ours. What will you cover yourself with today?

I don't know about you, but I need to be covered in The Lord. Pray now if you have a need and ask Him to wrap you in His loving kindness and cover you with His strong arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment