Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Being intentional today...

I just completed an hour long journey through Walmart to restock our bare pantry. I started out with 3 lists. One of them was carefully composed this morning by my first born daughter. She knows what she wants and is not afraid to ask for it. (Study birth order and this will make sense.)

I laughed out loud when I saw her specific request for a certain kind of chocolate chips. She told me this morning that she was trying out a new recipe this week. Much like her father, she is a great cook. I marveled at her detail as I stopped on the baked goods isle and even snapped a picture of the list. Gotta love a person who is intentional in their planning and knows what they need.

We should all be more like that because if we are not intentional in our present society, we are going down. We will focus on more money, cooler phones, better looks, more trophies, greater accomplishments, what Hollywood says is IN, and really leave what matters in the distance!

What does matter? The way we spend our earthly days loving and serving others. A church sign in town says, "He must increase. I must decrease." That HE is Jesus and that sign sure is true. Jesus will not increase in our lives however if we are not truly focused on our DAILY walk with Him. Start today with your Bible and a few minutes of your time. See where that leads. I promise it will bless your day and then you can love and be a blessing to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment