Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sweet obedience

I called the four Monico children to full attention one morning last week as we struggled to get out if the house on time for school. I declared a "laundry" afternoon when we got back home before anything else. I stay current on the washing, this means an average of 4 loads a day, and we were up to the speed on the delivery. Everything was falling apart after the delivery when the piles reached individual rooms. Stuff was in the general location of where it belonged, but it needed to be put on hangers, in cabinets, and baskets. There was a great need for sorting!

When we got home, Blaise quickly set up her home office in the living room. (See picture). When the other kids got bags out of car and stumbled in the house, I said let's start on this laundry project. I usually add a...this will be fun and only take a few minutes, which makes them all sick. I told Blaise jokingly to hang a closed sign in her store window, shut the shop down, and join me in her room.

When I circled back through, her office caught my eye. She had done exactly what I asked her to do! (again, see pic) There was a handwritten closed sign laying across her keyboard. I called out to her, still buried in her pile of hangers and clean clothes, and complimented her on her total obedience.

Leviticus 18:5 touches on this, actually hits this hard and commands us that we are to LIVE in obedience. It says "Keep my rules and laws. The one who obeys them will live by them. I am the LORD."

Obedience brings JOY and life. Disobedience, delayed disobedience, or partial obedience brings death, misery, and robs us of any JOY. Blaise made it look easy on this occasion. A close relationship with The Lord will help us all stay in check and obey.



No comments:

Post a Comment