Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Friday, May 3, 2013

Broken and used to it.

I get my greatest inspirations when I am vacuuming. Maybe it is because the house is usually empty and I am alone or perhaps because I am so excited that for one day everything in my little world will be half way clean. Either way, some of my finest moments have been had cleaning my house.

This was true last week and a thought occurred to me as I wiped the layers of dried, caked-on, nearly artwork like bits of toothpaste off the bathroom sink. I realized for the first time in over a year or so that my bathroom sink fixture is broken. A entire knob came off of it a really long time ago. I don't even recall how it happened. I have also accepted the flaw and not even made plans to fix it. Company visiting our house must think "OH, I bet that just happened." Not true.

In a way, We are all like the sink: broken and totally used to the brokenness. A recent book study in Sunday School by Beth Moore called "So Long Insecurity" revealed to me some areas in my life that too have been "broken" that I have totally gotten used to. Not good! We can't just settle into life and get so acclimated to our issues that we totally accept them as part of what's normal.

I just read that part of Psalm 139 means God created us all and must have stepped back, looked at His work, and said...Isn't she lovely? Isn't he lovely?

That kind of blows me away and sure does help mend any of the hurts, failed attempts to impress the world, need for approval from man, and even regret over past mistakes. Know TODAY, dear one, that God created you and thinks you are HIS best work. Perfect, no, but His child. If anything IN you is broken, don't accept it or just get so used to it that it becomes the norm, let The Lord heal and fix you.



No comments:

Post a Comment