Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Friday, June 5, 2015

worry


The end of the school year is so close.  My family is struggling!  It is hard to go to bed and it is even harder to get up.  We are ready for summer. We should already be in bed by now and one of my kids is standing here at the bar begging me to find him a needle and thread so he can repair “Donkey.”  An old donkey just reappeared from the good old Shrek days and it is in need of repair…so random!  He is worried about stuffing donkey with cotton balls to puff him back up, but does not have a clue where his backpack is for tomorrow or have his sack lunch packed.

Life right now is just crazy.  Geez, I just heard him and now he is asking his Dad if he knows where a needle and thread is.  That has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard because my husband is a team player for sure, but he does not know where the sewing supplies are. Furthermore, it is bedtime and morning is coming before we know it. 

One morning last week my daughter came into my bathroom completely ready about twenty minutes ahead of schedule.  She asked if there was anything she could do for me.  I said…yes, put on my makeup for me while I run around and do about ten other things to get us out of the door on time.  Asking someone to put makeup on you while you do other things is about like asking someone to use the bathroom for you because you just don’t have the time and energy to sit on the toilet.  It just does not work!  There are something we have to do in life for ourselves….period!

I have thought of that often this week in the area of controlling my mind.  I can ask friends to pray for me. I can listen to good Biblical teaching, but really what I allow to swirl around in my head is up to me...period!  I am the one who has to battle to keep my mind sound and free of junk from this world and doubt from the devil.  I have been battling some uncertainty or fear of the unknown as we call it.  (Really, I should call it a lack of faith.)

The Bible talks about how we have to renew our minds with the Word of God.  We do not just make them new one time when we are saved and then call it quits.  We have to renew ourselves over and over again to keep the worry and uncertainty out.  I often get a visual of a large red stop sign that we have to just hold up and tell our negative thoughts to just stop in the name of Jesus.

I stumbled across a verse today that I fell in love with a few years ago.  The first time I read the words of David in 2 Samuel 7:18, I felt like his words were mine, his heart aligned with mind.  David said to the LORD “Who am I, O Sovereign LORD, and what is my family that you have brought me this far?  And as if this were not enough in your sight, O Sovereign LORD, you have also spoken about the future of the house of your servant.”

I love it!  When your mind seems to want to hang a question mark over your future, just look back at the faithfulness or the Lord and how far he has brought you already.  Jesus has brought you THIS far and he will not quit now.  He is sovereign.  Rest in that truth this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment