Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Monday, June 6, 2016

got to go!


Last night and at the last minute, which is how “I ROLL”, my daughter and I checked ourselves into a hotel room in Ft. Worth.  After a fun-filled day of softball, we decided to stay the night instead of making the trek back home.  The sad thing was we did it to save time so she could work on a paper due tomorrow in English.  However, by the time I found a place that was safe with a price I approved of, we could have been in our own beds in Fairfield. 

Oh well!  The Holiday Inn Express in downtown Ft. Worth turned out to be just perfect.  She did not care by that point where we stayed!  She just wanted out of the car with me. I had reached my delirious stage where I tend to laugh at everything. 

Our room was pleasant, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was yummy. We even had a room with a view of downtown Ft. Worth.  I rate the accommodations a 10.

The only problem with the hotel was that we had to leave!  We loved it.  We were too tired last night to do much exploring, and she had a 9:40 game today.  I sat in my bed as long as I could with my coffee.  We wheeled our bags to the elevator, and I said for the tenth time that I was not quite ready to leave.  (Yes, I talk in elevators and usually make friends by the time we reach our floor.)

This is a time of year that “I don’t want to leave, but I got to go” is a popular saying and thought.  It is graduation season.  Pre-K kids are leaving the security of their daycare setting and looking forward to big school.  We have elementary kids moving over the intermediate and Jr. High students venturing across the street to the high school. 

It is time to go for our F.H.S. seniors.  They will be moving onto college or the real world to work!  College graduates are also embarking on new and exciting, big things.  Let’s be real…The new opportunities are thrilling, but also scary at times for everyone involved (parents especially).  Leaving the comfort of what you know and stepping into the unknown is tough anyway you look at it.  Nevertheless, we all experience seasons in life where we know we want to stay, but it is time to go!  What do we take?  What can we carry?

Although I resisted leaving my hotel room this morning, I took something with me from it.  (No, I did not steal anything.)

My daughter chose a verse from Galatians for the back of her letterman’s jacket.  I read Galatians out loud sitting on the corner of our big bed.  The encouragement I received from the Word of God stayed with me all day.  God’s promises went with me to the ballfields, stayed on my mind at lunch, and journeyed with me all of the way back home today. 

It is pretty cool when that happens.  Reading the Word out loud in the morning will transform your day and your life.  If you are at a transition point or a crossroads in life, get in the Word.  It will help you make the move!  It will give you the strength you need when the time comes to wave goodbye to the known and say hello to the unknown. 

Psalms 143:8 says “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.” Spend time in the Word this week and know that Jesus Christ is with you and will be with you no matter where you go!  The question is:  Will you put your trust in Him?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment