Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Friday, July 19, 2013

Carry YOUR load

I was on a mission last week to get a box of deer stand windows out of my closet, so I walked over to the shop and located a 2 wheeler, or a "dolley" as I used to call it. I brought it back home and was about to load up my box when I overheard a conversation between 2 of my kids. Brazos wanted Blaise to carry a box of tools back to the shop. She said no problem and loaded up the small, gray box on MY dolly. Because I was on a mission, I didn't wait on her, I just drug my box on over.

About half way there I realized that I had once again caught myself in a comical situation. I did the whole NOT FAIR thing and compared her load to my load like we often do in life. We compare and think we have it better or worse than someone else! Comparing our load to anyone else's load can also begin a pity party.

I remember years ago when I realized that there were some things in life are just not fair. I will always do more in my home than anyone else. I have a good husband who works hard and kids that help me, but I do the most! That is my load to carry. I can do it with joy or do it with bitterness! I seem to flip flop with my joy and bitterness often at home if I am honest. Joy does win, but it's a fight.

Another thing about looking over your shoulder and analyzing the load next to you is that it almost always leads to judgement. We rate each other on how we parent, deal with marriage, work, and we even rate diet and exercise habits. It's so easy to do when we take our eyes off of our own load and look around at others.

I am reminded that if I carry MY load that The Lord intended for me to carry, that He will give me the grace to do it! (I can't pick up a bunch of extras: sin, scheduling too much, or worrying about the world.)

I just had to play referee over the t.v. Wears me out! My "load" in life seems to vary between light and heavy many times some days; however, a verse comes to mind that helps. Matthew 12:28 says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." 29 goes on to explain how this rest can be obtained. It says "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." That truth makes my load seem lighter!

Hebrews 12:1 reminds me too that there is a race, or a load, marked out for me. "Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." I am encouraged in knowing, resting that Christ marked out my race! It's just for me.

How is your load today? Focus on your relationship with Jesus and it will lighten up.



No comments:

Post a Comment