Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Thursday, July 11, 2013

Obedience and blessings

Obedience is NOT a fun title and it is not always a fun topic. It's a key word around this joint or quite honestly we could never leave this place, especially when my kids were younger and I was totally outnumbered.

We have been watching the history channel's Bible special that we recorded some time ago and never got to. It has amazed me that the Israelites often practiced obedience in some form, but most of the time it was partial obedience, delayed obedience, or a rushed form of obedience that came from making "it" happen before God made a way. Sadly, all of these forms obedience resemble the real deal, but they are not!

One of my children the past few months has by far been the most obedient. I have never had time to have a favorite for sure and really do share a special bond with each of my kids, but recently this one has made me so proud and I have even purchased an extra "flat bill" cap or two for him.

Oh, I just gave it away! It's Bosque. If I mention dishes, they are done. The same with the chickens, bedtime, and teeth brushed for the night. He's on a roll! I love it. His obedience makes life easy and fun! I have rewarded him too.

Maybe The Lord feels the same way with us. He loves us all the same, but I do believe that He appreciates, loves, and even rewards us when we are totally and immediately obedient. A delayed response is so common for me. The Lord prompts me to do something or not do something and I do a, think a.....

ok, after I get this settled,
Sure Lord, after I figure this out,
or ok, Lord, I will do that AFTER he/she does this.
Does that ring a bell?
Am I the only one?

Deuteronomy 13:4 sums it up for me. It says "It is The Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him." That is an old testament slap in the face about what we are supposed to be doing on this earth. We must fully obey.

Follow the leading today of the Holy Spirit and make a choice to completely obey Jesus Christ. Just like with your own children, He will be pleased with you and blessings will follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment