Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Sunday, March 16, 2014

Didn't need it anyway

Something happened to me early this morning that has happened before, but it still hurt. I got up early to help my husband and daughter hit the road for softball, but knew immediately it was too early to stay up. I devised the perfect plan in my head. It was to crawl back in my warm and cozy bed as soon as I saw their tail lights head down the white, rock road. Before that though, I had my heart set on a bowl of cereal. I should say a cup of cereal because I have found that a cup works better in bed than a bowl. I poured my Fruit Loops in the cup and then the “IT” happened. I reached for the milk and realized that there was no milk. I mean….really? My first thought was to pout, but nobody was awake in the house to witness fit. I decided to take it like a big girl and when I made that wise and mature decision a thought occurred to me…I DID NOT NEED IT ANYWAY. (Oh, and I did not open the pantry and go on a search for another snack. I just decided to wait a few hours.) My early morning NO was a trivial example of “You didn’t need it anyway” but we all know this can happen on a much grander scale. When we get a NO in life, and we have relationship with the LORD, we really have to see every NO as a YES. Why? Because we trust that He knows better. We have to know when the acceptance letter doesn’t come in the mail, there was another plan. If and when the job position is offered to someone else, it just was not meant to be. When we are not on the guest list, we must accept that we were not supposed to go. When traffic slows us down or the flight is cancelled, we just need to sing the old song “He’s got the whole world in His hands.” This all goes along with a statement I heard a few years ago: There are no NO’s in the Kingdom of God. I have added to that truth that every NO means He has a better YES or that it is just not time yet. What about when we are in a situation and we want out, but God seems to leave us there? Maybe we are looking for the bigger and better when God wants us to realize that we are right where we are supposed to be. There are tests in life and times of waiting that require patience, contentment, dedication, and humbleness. The tests may only be passed when we stay put, remain, and hold tight to what we know is true. NO can mean WAIT because the YES is right around the corner and that means wait without manipulating the situation too. If you feel like your life is one big roller coaster full of ups and downs, it probably is and you may need to settle into the truth in Jeremiah 29:11 that says “For I know the plans I have for you says the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and hope.” If you do not know the Lord as your Savior, pray to Him today and invite Him into your heart. For the Believer, when you have done all you can do, just REST and accept any and every answer from God because He does know what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment