Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Easter


Yesterday I found myself stumbling through Walmart looking for a few more items on my list to get us ready for Easter.  My husband has taken over meal planning, grocery shopping, and cooking; therefore, my list was only made up of toiletries and a few fun items.  He had already shopped and was smoking us an Easter brisket when I went out on my adventure. 

I felt guilty all week that my heart was not really prepared for Easter.  I prayed specifically that the Lord would help me.  When I was walking around in Walmart, I ran into an old student. I asked him if he was shopping for Easter too.  He was just precious toting around few things in his arms.  It was nothing compared to my basket, although I only had a few things on my list when I walked in the door.  I noticed a maroon and gold bracelet on his wrist and asked him about it.  He immediately took it off and gave it to me.  I insisted that I could NOT take his bracelet.  He said “No, Mrs. Monico, you take it.  I want you to have it.”

I was absolutely amazed when I looked at the bracelet.  It said “IT IS FINISHED - JOHN 19:30-TETELESTI.” The words Jesus spoke from the cross “It is finished” have always been huge to me. When Jesus spoke those words, He gave up His life and died so that I could have life!  I have had to claim “It is finished” over so many things in my life that were sinful and no good for me.  “It is finished” is a powerful word to speak over bitterness, fear, envy, worry, insecurity, addiction, and anything else that the cross took care of.  (If I was speaking about this in person, I would say DUH about now because we live in bondage to so much that the cross was meant to take away, DUH.)

I teared up when I was visiting with my little buddy in Walmart for the second time because I realized that the Lord sent him to me to get my heart ready for Easter.  We talked about school, choices, music, athletics, friends, and how he had been reading his Bible.  He told me he missed his Momma and that he loved his Daddy.  We discussed tempers and tests, both academically and spiritually.  He said several times that the Lord was getting to him and speaking to him.  I must have said a hundred times that I was so proud of him. 

He made my day!  He made my Easter.  I told him that I loved him and I meant it.  He told me he loved me too.  I have checked to make sure my bracelet is still on my arm often.  I have prayed for him since Saturday even more often. 

I have also thanked the LORD that my prayer was answered in Walmart when I had a divine appointment.  I believe it was just that…  A divine appointment orchestrated by Jesus Christ himself to get me ready and right for Easter in my own heart.  I do not believe in coincidences, but in something bigger.  I had something bigger in the aisle of Walmart.

The next time you run into someone unexpected, take the time to visit.  The next time the car will not crank, the appointment gets cancelled, or the date gets postponed, know that if you are praying and seeking the Lord, that He is in control.  For the Believer, there are no coincidences, just divine appointments.  I am thankful I had mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment