Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sibling day

Banner informed me last night that it was SIBLING DAY. When I pulled out my 4 notecards this morning to pray for my kids, the part on her card about UNITY really jumped out at me. The verse is from Psalms 133:1. "How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity.". As a mother of four and a teacher who desires unity with my students at school, this verse could easily inspire a tattoo if I was in the market for one! Unity does make life pleasant! Laundry, dishes, and boring projects become family fun with unity. My unity prayer was answered this morning when Banner asked me to get a $100 out of her lamb check from the county fair to give to Brazos because he helped her when she was on the road playing ball last spring. My jaw dropped, my hands nearly slipped off of the wheel, and my heart rejoiced! A prayer answered from just this morning, the desire of my heart was unity and the Lord heard my prayer. Stand in the gap today for a loved one and pray the Word for them. Maybe someone you know is too sick, too proud, too lost, too busy, or just too blind to pray. You can connect them to the Lord and He will hear your prayer! A simple visual has helped me see my role in this. It's pretty amazing because the Lord could do it all Himself but He chooses to involve us. Would u ever let go of someone you loved and let them fall? I doubt it, so don't ever stop praying. Maybe you are the only one the Lord has in the gap for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment