Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Something has to go

Our lab, Belle, frequently visits the indoors in the winter months but usually stays outside in the warm weather. I looked at her sweet face this morning, reflected on how she follows Brazos in the woods everywhere he goes, and decided to let her in this morning for a treat! She brought her old, blue frisbee in with her and excitedly followed me to the laundry room where we stash her treats. She had a problem when I passed her the bone because it belonged in her mouth and the frisbee was still positioned there as well. She paused, dropped the frisbee, and accepted the treat! What a smart girl she is! It made me think... How often do we hold onto something old and miss the treat that the Lord is trying to give us? Maybe it's an old wound, an old habit, a worry, a regret, even an old view of someone or a situation that simply needs to be put down! Today break free, let go, and you might just have room in your life for a new blessing! If you are exhausted from carrying a heavy load, try this: "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28. Jesus may want to do a new work in you today, do your part and allow Him to take away some of the old junk you have been carrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment