Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The day the peas fell

I have been reading the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. It is a life strategy to give thanks daily for everything and to keep your mind in the moment by recognizing life's blessings. This is the kind of book that is so amazing that I am intentionally reading it slowly. It is like a piece of chocolate and I have to savor each page. The idea in the book is to make a list of 1000 gifts. Mine today include having fun with homework, great coffee, Bible study, the fact that lunches are packed, my job, and the list goes on and on. Maybe at the top of my list is wrestling with Bosque on the trampoline! We love it! It makes me think of an incident a few days ago. I spilled the bowl of peas and Bosque was so excited because he hates them! If he was participating in my 1000 gifts experiment, I am sure he would have listed... The peas falling! Count blessings today! Recognizing gifts from God ushers you into a spirit of thanksgiving and JOY follows!

No comments:

Post a Comment