Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Friday, December 7, 2012

Can we question God?

On a much needed run this week to clear my head, the thought came to me... Can we question God? I mean like, is it ok to get mad, scream, yell, hit the steering wheel with both hands and ask Him WHY? To really question Him, the creator of all, with tears streaming down your face from a heart so overflowing and full of questions that you can't even hold it in any longer? (yes, a run on sentence, but if you have ever been in this situation, you know the feeling and can relate it to my grammar!)

I think the answer is YES based on one condition: having a personal relationship with Him. Let me explain. I can question my husband on things that I would not dare question another man on or a stranger at the convenient store. I can question my children on things, get frustrated with them, and demand an answer in a manner that I would never do with someone else's kids at school. It's based on a relationship! They question me too for sure because I love them, know them, and want to keep communication lines flowing at all times. We mend in this home and get stronger many times after we do have a good heartfelt, sometimes negative and full of emotions, chit-chat.

In relationships, questions and even heated discussions are good and much better than if there is no communication at all! I would much rather fuss and carry on with my teen than never see her because she hibernates in her room 24-7 on her phone.

See where I am going with this? Keep communication lines open with Jesus at all times, even when you are in total desperation and even upset that He is the God of the universe and seemingly allowed a death, a diagnosis, a divorce, a tragedy, or something to happen that totally divides your heart or home. Keep on talking to Him. Be honest and open because He already knows what you are feeling anyway, dear child of God.

David, a man after God's own heart questioned the Lord often. In several of his Psalms you can hear the rage in his words: Psalms 61 starts with "Hear my cry, O God." 64 begins with "Hear me, O God, as I voice my complaint." Many of David's Psalms start with some questions, but they always end with praise!

I have to be honest. I have thrown up a set of questions or two at the Lord recently: a precious little baby girl going home to be with Him, our Eagle, Jonya and her husband, my mom, other Moms and Dads taken home a big too soon for human logic, the recent school rampages, you fill in the blank; however, I will keep on praying, keep in talking to The Lord, and trusting Him that He knows all, sees all, and will one day bring judgement on this fallen world!

On a personal note, when I have questioned The Lord, He has always whispered a word of peace in my ear! He has not always given me a answer, but He has always given me a scripture, a gust if wind at just the right time, a red bird on a gray day, a phone call from a friend at just when I was going under, or a song with just the right message and words of HOPE! Jesus has never let me down, even in times that I just don't get it! I don't get it, but I get HIM!!!

Anytime too that life has sent me to my knees, no matter the reason, I have always gotten up stronger!

I love this word in Psalms 38:15 "I wait for you, O Lord, you will answer, O lord, my God."

No comments:

Post a Comment