Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Unused gift?

A few years ago I bought myself a Rumba, the robot vacuum cleaner, and used it like a mad man until it wore out. Useful gift I would say!

Bosque boy picked himself out a new pair of Nikes a few weeks ago that killed his feet the first day he wore them by the end of school. I surprised him with a little gift my friend suggested: gel inserts for his shoes. He was "balling" again the next day with comfortable feet. A useful gift I might say!

It would have been insane for me to have NOT used my Rumba when I could. It saved me so much time and made my life easier. Likewise, it would have been crazy if Bosque had taken the inserts out of his shoes and just continued to walk in pain.

I need to make a point here because there are so many people right now I know who are really hurting and we must get involved by giving them a useful gift: the gift of prayer. They might not be at a point where they can pray and call on the Lord for help, so we as a community of believers will need to USE the knowledge we have, put our prayers to use, activate our faith and lift up those in need. We have to use the gifts the Lord has given us. Talking about what has happened may make us feel better, but prayer will change things and bring real comfort.

The verse that comes to mind is Philippians 4:9 "whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me, put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

Get to work today while you work at the bank, the school, in your home, in the field, or while you are sitting in the classroom and pray for someone in need. Search your Bible for a verse that applies to their particular need and pray that verse out loud. That will put the gift of prayer to use! You will have peace too. Prayer does that!

No comments:

Post a Comment