Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Trapped?

Do you ever feel trapped? Trapped by old hurts that have grown into full blown resentment and unforgivemess? Trapped by finances and a never ending shopping list? Trapped by worry about what will happen tomorrow, next week, next month, next year with your health, children, job, college plans, etc? Trapped by an old addiction or pattern of sin that you just can't seem to break free from? Trapped by your mouth because no matter how hard you try, you can't seem to control it!

Well, I have felt trapped many times and will not dare scare away my readers by making a list of my own personal battles! Let's just say that if Jesus Christ can free me, He can free you and anybody else!

My inspiration for this early morning blog is a new batch of chickens. We got them 3 weeks ago and kept them cooped for 2 weeks to make sure they knew their home. We had 2 older chickens that also had to go to JAIL with the new ones just because of proximity control.

Last Saturday was freedom day! I can just hear the bells ringing. This had happened before but it still Amazed me. We opened the coop, stood back and watched, and they all stayed in! Even the two old chickens that used to have run of this place just stayed in for a while.

Why? I guess they were simply used to being trapped! Oh, friends... I have to ask today and beg you to search your heart and be honest, are you used to being trapped? Does captivity feel normal because you have been bound for so long?

I stood there and thought, these chickens are so stupid. I have stood back too and looked at my own life and said, BETSY, this is so stupid! GET OUT!

There is an alternative and it is summed up in one word: Christmas!

No, not Saint Nick or Christmas cookies, but Jesus. He was born a baby in a manger and died for my sin, your sin. The whole purpose of his birth, life, and death was to SET YOU FREE. Captivity is sin and on the cross, He paid the price and died to take care of the chains that bound us.... Died for your sin, paid for your freedom.

Maybe nobody knows what HAS you trapped, maybe the whole town knows, it does not matter. Believe in and call on the name of Jesus, and you will be set free!


Check out the picture of the chickens. A wise one finally came out and then the others stayed in and just looked out at their free friend. Don't just stay in and look out, GET OUT TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment