Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Friday, December 21, 2012

Running your race

Our last few trips to Brookshires have ended with a bang! No, not just my grocery bill, but yes... That is a bang! The real excitement is when we walk out of the door and Brazos begins to hurdle/jump every pole on the way out in straddle position! I've not counted, but I think there are 7 or 8 poles and he even rounds the corner on the way to the pharmacy drive-through. It makes me tired just watching him. Pushing the cart is enough for me!

Bosque watched him last week and simply said "I jumped ONE of those ONE time." He looked at Brazos like he was pretty cool, but he sure was not going to give it a try himself!

I just laughed and had a quiet moment thinking about how my boys are so very different and I love them both so very much!!! One of my favorite verses came to mind from 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

I was reminded to run MY race well! I don't need to compare myself to others or really even glance to my right or left. I simply need to keep my eyes on Jesus and run MY race well. That includes saying no at times and not comparing myself to others at anytime, but traveling along at my own pace and running my race, with the help of Jesus, well!

Bosque seemed to know that in his heart as he watched Brazos. He knew that Braz had his thing going on and that was ok. No need to compare and try to keep up!

Run your race well today! Keep Jesus in front of you and it will be a great day! Sing a Christmas carol, sit on the porch, throw the football, smile at someone in the pew, whatever it is, do it well!

No comments:

Post a Comment