Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Thursday, January 3, 2013

Change of plans

I really don't make plans until the day before because with a large family things can so often change anyway and much of life seems to be out of my control. I try to plan the big things and leaved the rest of it up to the "one day at a time" philosophy.

Twice in the last month The Lord has quickly and specifically prompted me to 100% change something I had planned. I very quickly have also known that the change, plan b, was truly what was right and intended for me to do!

One was a few weeks ago on a Tuesday. I had plans to go home and get some stuff taken care of that had been neglected. Story of my life! On my drive home, The Lord spoke to my heart and told me go to the funeral of a of a friend's grandmother. I had not planned on it or even really thought about it until the prompting.

The minute I walked in, I knew I was where I was supposed to be! I got to sit in the lobby of the funeral home with the two precious great grand-daughters of the woman who had gone home to be with The Lord. I was so glad I listened to the silent, yet strong prompting of The Lord.

The other change of plans was last Saturday. The girls and I had planned a shopping day in Dallas. Close to home, close to family, easy and familiar! At 1:00 Saturday morning, I woke up and could not go back to sleep. It was after 3:00 when I did. The Lord would not let me rest until I listened, obeyed, made a change of plans and committed to a change in direction to go to Marble Falls for the day to see a friend. She is one of my dear friends and her dear father is battling cancer. When we stopped in Georgetown to shop on the way down and ran into my friend's roommate, I had my first confirmation that our change in plans was what The Lord had planned for us! The day was wonderful and our visit was meaningful.

I get it wrong all the time! I have made two wrong trips to Dallas recently for furniture and ended up coming home with nothing and a total feeling that the whole day was wrong! That happens all too often, but when we get it right, it is a great feeling! I guess it takes hits and misses to know the difference!

I don't make resolutions, but this sure is a desire of my heart for 2013: to know the voice of The Lord, hear Him, obey Him, and let Him plan my day!

Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper and not harm you, to give you hope and a future," His plans are better than ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment