Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, January 23, 2013

You name is not...

Bosque had a run in with something that caused an infection in his foot a few days ago. I was about to say in his little foot and then I thought really... Is anything about his foot little? No! He had to have it cleaned out yesterday and like any 9 year old kid, he says he had foot surgery!

Blaise offered to tuck him in last night, help him with his covers, and get him all ready for bed. I was finishing up the dishes before I headed that way and heard him say "Are you MOM? Is your name Mom, I need mom." He wanted me to tuck him in and her substituting was not going to work.

Although sister's move was sweet, it just didn't cut it. It reminded me that there is a lot in a name! I smiled in church Sunday when Pastor Ken mentioned "banner". I love that her name is in the Bible and smile every time I hear it! Funny that Brazos, Bosque, and Blaise are sure not Bible names, but pretty special too.

Back on task here...There is a lot in the name of The Lord! He is my help, my Savior, my friend, my Rock, the list goes on and on!!!

Bosque wanted me to help him! Nobody else would do! This verse speaks that same truth. Psalms 121:1-2 says "I lift up my eyes to the mountains. Where does my help come from? My help comes from The Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

The Lord is my help! Nobody else will do. Why look elsewhere for what you need today? Go to Him! No substitution will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment