Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Thursday, January 17, 2013

"I'm having trouble with this!"

I am helping Blaise with her math homework at the moment. The objective at hand is money. She sure can spend my money and always needs more shoes that require more money; however, this nickel, dime thing seems to have her stumped. She is now about to draw 15 pennies to make 15 cents and just asked "Is it ok if I just put "pen" for penny?"

When we first started she said several times "I am having trouble with this." She had just filled in 5 cents on the first problem and then saw a nickel on #2 and said "OH, what is this nickel...I am having trouble with this!"

I am cracking up as usual and I must admit that I too have been a little bit like Blaise at times and I've had trouble with the same things over and over! How annoying is that when the same thing stumps you? Very annoying to me and very annoying tonight to my sweetie.

Blaise will eventually master money and likewise we as believers in Jesus Christ can master and have victory in life. We do have victory over sin and we can overcome the world.

Wait until you are alone to do this if you think you will be embarrassed and read this passage out loud from my favorite verse since Christmas. It's such a powerful word and a promise that we can hold onto! John 16:33 says "I have told you these things so that you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world."

Maybe your trouble is math homework, loosing your temper like a do in the mornings when time is ticking and we are running late, a negative coworker, an old habit you can't seem to break, or being unemployed or even underemployed. Reread the verse and take heart! Jesus overcomes the world and your troubles just so happen to be part of the world. You can overcome very little on your own, but He can and will help!


No comments:

Post a Comment