Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Sunday, January 13, 2013

Personalities, different, and all ok.

I always worried that my husband, Branden, was too close with my son, Brazos because they both share a love for the outdoors and more specifically working in the outdoors. Bosque, the younger of my two sons, is not as much of an outdoorsman and particularly if it involves work. This football season; however, Bosque and his daddy have bonded with football big time! There is a game on and a game being played in my living room 24-7. This started a few years ago with them,but has really taken off since Bosque can catch good enough to keep most breakables in the house safe. They play and watch. Then they watch and play. My boys are so different and that is ok.

My girls are too! One loves T-shirts and the other wanted an off the shoulder dress when she was 5. It is so much fun in this house and if I am honest, I must say that sometimes it takes a lot of work for us all to get along! Add Mom and Dad in the mix too and you have 6 personalities, 6 moods, and 6 attitudes.

Whether you have a big crew like mine or a smaller family, it does take work. Is it worth it? Does it matter what the atmosphere of your home is like? Yes!

Do I ever give up for a few minutes and run up and down my road with tears? Yes!

I go to this in Hebrews 12:14. "Work at getting along with each other and with God. Otherwise you'll never get so much as a glimpse of God."

It does take work to get along with others, whether it be at home, work, a team, or even in a church; however, the Word tells us that we can't give up! We must keep on trying to get along. Not getting a glimpse of God, I don't even want to go there. Reread the verse and make a GO this week at getting along more with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment