Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Saturday, January 26, 2013

Prayer and friends

One of my dearest friends lives several hours away and is currently in one of the biggest trials of her life! Her mom has recently battled cancer for the 2nd time and won. (Applause and big, thankful smiles!!!)

Her dad was diagnosed in the middle of her moms treatments and is still fighting the fight. He is currently not feeling well. Dennis is a huge man with a huge heat. He has always been big and strong. It is a little hard for everyone to see this giant of a man smaller and weaker.

I find myself praying for all 3 of them often! I pray for healing, strength, peace, and a closeness to The Lord like never before. I just ramble on and on daily to the Lord on their behalf. One thing that I don't have to pray for LOVE! They are a precious family so full of love for each other that it overflows. There may be oxygen tanks in their home and 2 of the 3 of them are bald as can be from chemo, but there is love! What a blessing and gift that is.

I had Sherri on my mind so much that one day this week I was writing my kids names on cups and wrote her name in! (See picture)

When I think of friendship, friends like her, and the love of family in good times and bad, I can't help but think of the source of all love! Love begins and ends with Jesus Christ! His love fills us up when we involve Him in our lives, and as a result of Him, we can love others!

Speaking of love, I love this verse: "Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies" from Psalms 36:5. Look that up today and really take it in! His love reaches to the heavens and his faithfulness to the skies! Rest today in that love. Live in that love today and pass it on with a hug, phone call, text, card mailed, meal delivered, prayer prayed, or even a simple smile. Thought of the day is a simple one: love!


No comments:

Post a Comment