Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Friday, December 7, 2012

Labeled packages, life with labels?

I have tried this year to do more online shopping to free us up totally when we are out of school in a few weeks. I started with a birthday gift for Banner from Best Buy delivered before her big 13th on December 2nd. Brazos helped me with the box and hid the Best Buy label from her until he could cut it off. He neglected to see the side label that said Best Buy on the first line and exactly what it contained on the second line. Her eyes locked in on it the minute we sat the box down.
I am watching more closely now when we pick up our items at the gate.

I keep on thinking...what if life's trials came labeled telling us exactly what the "fight" would be, how long it would last, and a step by step manual of exactly how to make it through the battle. That seems so nice!

Life, as we all know, does not come with a nice and neat label daily telling us what to expect next; however, when we have Jesus in our hearts, the Holy Spirit lives in us and guides us every step of the way. Jesus spoke of the Holy Spirit when he was with the disciples before His death on the cross. John 16:13 says "but when he, the spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth.".

If the Holy Spirit dwells in you, you have a guide everyday! We just have to listen. That is the closest thing to a "labeled" life that I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment