Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas light repair

My Pappaw was famous for trying to repair damaged strands of Christmas lights. We were dreaming of hanging ornaments and he was fixated on the defective ONE bulb. Brazos had turned out to be THAT member of my family. We have a beautiful tree with a not so
beautiful section of lights that are not working. Braz has had us all running around here trying to locate replacement bulbs to make it work. Blaise just wants to hang the pretty stuff. Bosque just wants to be left alone to watch Rattlesnake Republic. Banner, being 13 Sunday, is just over it!!

I read a verse in James this morning about lights that caught my eye. James 1:17 says "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like the shifting shadows."

I needed this verse. My mind had been on gifts of a whole different kind: the gifts on my shopping list. There is ONE true gift that will last forever! His name is Jesus. His gift of life, salvation, and hope here on earth is FREE! That is Christmas. I get it! Now, Lord, help us with these lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment