Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Friday, November 9, 2012

From Jesus Calling

The kid's version of Jesus calling said something that was just perfect to me. "When you are facing a tough time, think about these 3 things: your relationship with Me, My promises in the Bible, and past experiences of making it through hard times."

I love the 1,2,3 idea of it, a nice a simple formula for hard times. I mean hard times like a diagnosis, a job loss, a seemingly lost child, or even just a few days where the bill gets lost, the boss criticizes, or the dog tears up the new flowers. Difficult times in life can be massive or when life just seems to be a mess because of a hundred little things bugging you.

For any and every situation, the above 3 items will work! Your relationship with the LORD, His Word, and the times HE has stood by you in the past will get you on the road to recovery.

When I look at my past and all the Lord has brought me through, I am amazed! He is faithful and He has been so good to me. This old picture of my kids takes me back and reminds me that Jesus is real and my relationship with Him is real!

This picture was taken right before I was diagnosed with cancer. A quick glance back at how little my babies were at that difficult time makes me KNOW that God can get me through anything else that may come my way. HE is worthy of praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment