Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Help me

I looked out of my dirty back glass this morning of my car and read a note. It said "Help me." I started laughing as usual about the normal amount of chaos that I live with in my life and then I asked who was the author of my note. I also expressed a certain amount of concern because what if someone read the note and thought we really needed help.

Brazos told me he was the guilty party. I asked him when he did it. He told me that it was dark and cold last night and he was trying to get the to-go boxes in the car by himself, we were not helping him, it was hard, so he wrote that he needed help!

How clever! When we are in need of help, we should let it be known! We should cry out to Jesus, a friend, a teacher, someone...anyone!

Help comes and the Lord gets involved the minute we pray, the second we ask! Psalms 34:17 says "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them. He delivers them from all of their troubles."

No comments:

Post a Comment