Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Monday, November 19, 2012

Better with make-up

I was washing my face a few mornings ago side by side with Bosque as he brushed his teeth. We visited as we proceeded through our morning routine. He looked at me real seriously as I dried off my face and said "Grown ups look better with make-up.". I glanced up at myself and totally agreed with my sweet and honest 8 year old son. I'm all for natural with some things in life and am a pretty low maintenance woman, but I sure must agree with him that I look better with make-up. He spoke the truth!

Reminds me of another kind of truth: the Word of God. We can search high and low for good advice, counsel with friends, add more apps on our phones to aide us in this walk, but we will never find any other source of truth that will compare to the Word of God.

Many think that looking at the Bible as a source of truth will make their lives boring, add a list of rules to live by, or even condemn them to the point of guilt. The Word is not like that at all! With the truth, there is freedom, joy and a dose of real direction that we all need to keep us going! The truth brings life!

Hebrews 4:12 tells us "The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow, it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.".

No comments:

Post a Comment