Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tuck me in

I had a surprise request from my 12 year old daughter last night... Especially because she is taller than me, stronger than me and perhaps more sure of herself than me as well! She was in bed and ask me if I would tuck in her feet like used to do.

My hands were full, a hot tea, a water, and a book. I asked her if her sister could do it because I was carrying a full load. She quickly replied with a NO and informed me that I was the best "tucker-iner" or some word like that.

How could I resist? I made a deposit in my room of all that I was carrying and made my way back to her. No way could I have turned her down or even made her wait! Her request was granted and granted with joy.

If you are a parent, you have a real, concrete way to understand your relationship with Jesus Christ. He parents and feels like we do, when we do it right! He loves us, wants what is best for us, and even though it hurts Him, He will discipline us when necessary to get our attention and to get us back in the right track! Good parenting, huh? He also loves to bless us and can even tuck us in, make us feel safe when needed, and can pick us up literally when we fall, clean us up, and help us stand up straight again.

Matthew 7:11 touches on this truth. It says "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give a good gift to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who love him?".

Do your part today. Nurture your most important relationship. Salvation is great, but we can't stop there. Just like we crave to know our children more, walk with them, talk with them, bless them, your Father desires that with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment