Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shake it off

My nephew, Bragg Bonner, who very well could be one of the smartest kids on the planet, walked with me yesterday from his house back to mine. It was one of the most pleasant 20 minutes of my week. He remembers everything and is a gifted story teller. He even remembers the class ranking of his mother and father. He says, to quote him, "Aunt Betsy, my mom is way smarter than my dad." Oh, I could eat him up!

We were watching for cars and trucks as we walked, but we really had to watch for ants. They we're crowding out 833 with their piles after the recent rain. Bragg told me a story about how last year he was playing in his dirt pile and got into ants. He had to strip down to nothing he said!

I thought of him this morning and his tale of the run-in with the ants because we do have to shake stuff off. "Shake it off"is a common sports saying after you strike out, miss the shot, or loose the first match. If a team can't shake it off, they can't win! That is true of us in life too. We all will make mistakes, get into things that will hurt us, but we better learn to shake off those days or maybe even months or years or we will never win!

Shake something off today that is holding you down. Old baggage, sins, attitudes, resentments, mistakes, or even regrets because life sure can get heavy!

Maybe you are caught in the battle mentioned in John 10:10. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." Those are the words of Jesus, so shake "it" off today, and take one step closer to the abundant life that He has planned for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment