Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Take cover

When I pulled back in the carport this morning after the morning drop off that includes 3 schools, I saw an unfamiliar sight. Belle did not meet me at the cattle guard, but was stationed in her doghouse. I know that there are some nights that she crawls in it, but not usually during the day. My only conclusion is that there is a storm coming!

Belle hates the rain and especially when it blows in on a cold day! I guess this morning, (no...I will not say that I know for sure what my four legged friend was thinking,) she decided the storm was coming and she would go on and take cover. Smart girl!

I spotted her there, had one of my random thoughts that I could write about, and jumped out of my car to snap a picture before she moved.

Belle reminded me that I can take cover. She reminded me they I need to take cover when a storm is coming. I don't mean a storm that produces rain, sleet, or wind, but a storm that brings hard times with it. Storms like the trials we face with our family, health, finances, grades in school, future doubts, and even living in the past with regret. That's the kind of storm that I'm referring to and we all have been caught smack dab in the middle of one at one time or another in life.

No matter what conditions ushered you into the storm you are facing or the storm you will face, you can take cover! I love this word in Psalm 17:6 -8. You need not be a Bible Scholar to take it in and be encouraged by it. David wrote"I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings."

Only a fool would try to maneuver through a storm alone after reading that. If you know Jesus as your Savior, He is right beside you waiting to cover you in the storm. Ask Him. If you doubt your salvation, doubt no more and pray to invite Jesus into your heart today. We were never meant to battle storms alone. We can take cover in Jesus. In Him, life is safe and calm even in the midst of a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment