Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Monday, February 25, 2013

There is no app

It dawned on me this morning that there is an app for mostly everything in life! From recipes to running to relaxing, there is an app. Apps can bring you closer to your bank account at the touch of your finger or show you your saved photos and even turn them into a book.

I am not a high-tech chick at all! My better half at work, Dena, saves me in the day and my teen age daughter saves me at night with my technology and app needs.

It occurred to me today that there is one thing in life that there is not and will never be an app for. That is my relationship with Jesus and for that matter, my relationships with those around me. They take real time and real commitment! Love can not be "apped" and the way you spell love is TIME. It will take time with Jesus at your kitchen table studying, in your car as you drive noticing the sunset, and during your slumber when you wake up for the tenth time and finally ask The Lord why you are up again.

As with any relationship that grows, your relationship with Jesus will only get better over the years. Just like a good friend that you go to spend the weekend with to catch up, offer each other encouragement, laugh, and cry with. Consider all of these part of your relationship with Jesus. I think maybe what grows the most with The Lord is TRUST! Even though life can be full if heartache and challenges, over the years you learn you have a relationship with a God you can trust!

The App Store on my phone reminds me when I need to update my apps. The Holy Spirit living in me reminds me when I need to update my relationship with Jesus. It reminds me of that daily. Are you in need of an update with The Lord? He is waiting today to spend time with you. He will never be too busy for you. He will never give up on you because it has been a while since you have updated!

Jeremiah 29:13 says "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Seek Him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment