Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Monday, March 4, 2013

Feelings vs truth...again

I probably have used this same title before because this is a concept that I have to revisit often! We can get so caught up in our feelings and emotions that we begin to think, act, and operate totally out of whack. Feelings change because of a look, vague text, passing glance, comment, hormones, moods, sleep patterns, busy schedules, and who you are around on any given day. Life has to be more stable than a life lived on feelings.

Last Monday morning I sat here at my table and was overwhelmed with my feelings of insecurity and inadequacy. The Lord seemed to answer me with this passage from John 15:5.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing."

If my life is anything worth living that can point and give credit to Jesus Christ, this verse is WHY. Connected to Him, we can do it and we can do it well. Apart from Him, well... Read the verse again.

No comments:

Post a Comment