Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What's your story?

Just heard a song with a catchy line that caught my attention. It says "What's your story about His Glory?" Maybe that is a good question to ask at Easter. Let me rephrase it with this one. For all Jesus did for us, what is our story about His Glory?

It reminded me of question that I heard some time ago. A Sunday School teacher of mine, John Wilson, asked this and to paraphrase his words: When your time on earth is complete, you will be asked 2 questions. One will be did you accept my Son as your Savior? The other will be: What did you do with Him during your life on earth?

Wow! I still remember where I was sitting in the room when he paused after asking those questions. Answer those first and then write out what your story is for His Glory.

My story for His glory would be very little about me, but a whole lot about Him. I would start with a list of words about who Jesus Christ is to me.

Savior, Redeemer, Rock, Friend, Father, Healer, Deliverer, Comforter, Prince of Peace, My Morning Song, the one who holds it all, my Joy, my inner voice, Wisdom, Grace, God of second chances, Mercy, and the list could go on and on.

So, that's my start. No two list will be the same. What's your story about His glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment