Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Monday, March 25, 2013

Attitude adjustment

My car had been out of alignment for a month or so. I put up with the pulling and tugging for long enough and finally took it in today to have it repaired. I had my husband drive it recently. He thought it was fine. I questioned someone else about alignment. Although everyone seemed to think my car was ok, I just knew something was not right.

I also realized yesterday in Sunday School that there was something else in my life that needed alignment: my attitude. The sad thing is that my attitude at work is pretty good, it is splendid on Sundays at church, and really ok out in public. The real place that I needed an adjustment was at home! What a pitiful thing to admit, nearly painful to type.

It dawned on me that I can read Jesus Calling with my children, pray for my husband and turn on positive, Christian music in the morning, but if my attitude at home is out of line very often, it can all be considered a loss! My children and even the true leader of my home, my hubby, all follow my lead in the area of attitude. I can say that I love them and let all of the right "Christian" things come out of my mouth, but if my attitude is negative, it all of the positive things I have spoken are erased.

Ouch! I had some successes today in the area of attitude. I put The Lord in charge of my day and asked Him to help me. That is usually all that it takes for a situation to turn around. Tomorrow will be a new day too!

Pray specifically for your attitude and be on guard for things that bring you down. Ask The Lord to lift you back up!

Psalm 40:1-3 says "I waited patiently for The Lord. He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the mud and mire. He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my heart, a hymn of praise to our God. The reason He deals with me so patiently is so others will see and fear The Lord and put their trust in Him."

Thank goodness He is patient! If you know something is not right, don't wait for someone else to tell you that you need an alignment, ask The Lord to put you back in your right place! The ones we love the most are the ones most hurt when our attitudes are out of whack!


No comments:

Post a Comment