Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sticking with the sticker

I was just merchandising some junk in my house and came across a cute t.v. tray that would look perfect in another room. It still had the price tag on it from Ross so I started the removal process of that!

I started on one corner. Not much luck. Moved over to another corner, not much luck and went on up to the top left corner. I ended up in less than a minute on the fourth corner and stopped to look at the sticker still stuck!

My sticker and the fact that I didn't stay with one corner long enough to make any progress is just like life when we don't stay with a task and finish it! Maybe the task is the removal of SIN in your life or conviction that some bitterness is building and needs to be dealt with. Whatever it is, stay with it. The Lord does not prick our hearts for no reason. That "gut feeling" today may be just what you need to follow.

I feel like the devil wants us to move from one thing, one activity to the other so fast that our minds are cluttered and we never really focus on and attend to the work of the Holy Spirit. Be encouraged today and stick with it if you know something in your life needs to be removed!

Philippians 1:3-6 reminds me that The Lord began a good work in me and that HE will complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment