Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Tuesday, December 22, 2015

CAMO


Have you ever thought you were hiding really well from someone or something and then realized you really were not hidden at all? Been there, done that…just last weekend!

Opening weekend of deer season around here for me began with sleeping in and then cooking up a nice breakfast for my hunters. 

 After we ate, I decided to head off on a walk up the road with my adventuresome son.  I had spotted a deer several times and managed to convince him that I totally understood the path that this nice buck was taking on a daily basis.  He wanted check out the scene before the evening hunt planning session began, and I needed to walk off my biscuits and gravy.

I did what any mom would do who was pretending to be cool and know something about deer hunting.  I geared up in camo and painted my face with some roll-on camo face paint that was sitting on the bar.  It looked more like it was for Halloween than deer season, but under the shadow of my camo cap, it was perfect.  I looked dirty and woodsy, but smelled like Tom Ford perfume.  (I forgot that scent is a factor when hunting.)

We eased up the road and assessed the situation.  It seemed that what the area right off of FM 833 needed was a tripod stand.  My son knew just where one was and said we could move it together.  That is just what we did.  I got the front.  He got the back.  With only 6 or 7 breaks and a lot of us saying “1,2,3, go,”  we made it.

The stand ended up nestled in behind a cedar tree.  It was perfect and hidden.  I thought I was perfectly hidden too in my camouflage gear until a truck drove down 833, honked the horn, and waved right over in my direction. 

I could not believe that whoever it was saw me.  I was SO in hiding. I was so super-duper supposed to blend in with the surroundings.

I was disappointed that my attempt to go unnoticed was an epic fail. However, I was excited at the same time because I knew the LORD gave me my thought of the week. 

It was like God spoke to me right there in the woods and said “See, you can’t hide from that person and you sure can’t hide from me.” 

We often try to hide things, hurts, issues, problems, and the truth from the people around us.  Sometimes we succeed.  The longer we attempt to hide and conceal the truth too, the better we get at it. 

We can become masters in deception and manipulation with those around us; however, we can never hide one single thing from the Lord, Jesus Christ.  He knows all and sees all!  He knows how many hairs are on our head.  He knows our thoughts and Psalm 139 says He even knows our words before they are on our tongue. 

If you think you are hiding anything or just need to know that the LORD is near, read Psalm 139 completely.  It is beautiful!  It offers such peace!

Why such intimacy from the LORD? Why such a close watch?  My friend, God is so near to you because He desires a personal relationship with you. 

Fool the world, but you can’t fool God.  Loose everything or everyone, but you will never loose God.  The LORD knows you and loves you.  Please take that to heart this week and strive to know HIM more and do not waste any more time hiding.  It will never work!    

No comments:

Post a Comment