Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Monday, April 11, 2016

Easter


Today is Easter.  We are eating our second Easter meal now as we speak.  I have had an Easter buzz all week leading up to it.  However, it is not the kind of buzz I have had in the past because I planned too much and worked myself into an adrenaline tizzy. 

I am proud to say too that my excitement has not originated from the sugar content in Reece’s eggs.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am sugar junkie.  I got off of the sugar rollercoaster a few weeks ago and have felt like a million bucks.  (I did cheat and have a few slices of pound cake this weekend without anyone knowing…until now)

My enthusiasm related to Easter started growing when I began working on my Sunday school lesson earlier this week.  I stumbled upon one of my favorite verses in Isaiah 53:45.  The Prophet Isaiah lays the groundwork for what really would one day take place when Jesus died on the cross when he said “He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities, the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.”

There is also a song that is based on this passage.   I remember exactly where I was on my way to Palestine in 2008 when I first heard it. It is called “By His Wounds” by Mac Powell.  The world around me seemed to slip away that day.  The lyrics touched me.  I could relate!  All I could think about was “By His wounds, I was healed.”  I bought the C.D. and wore it out. 

On that particular day, I had just completed 6 long months of chemo and 15 days of radiation.  My cure rate was not so good when I first was diagnosed with Lymphoma, but I had been healed!  I had not only been healed of cancer though.  I realized at that moment had been healed of a long list of other things.  (The process still continues today.)

By His wounds, I was healed of the sin in my life that many times had threatened to take me down.   The punishment and pain that Jesus endured on the cross was to bring me peace and forgiveness.  I was living in His amazing grace…free and healed!  It all lined up that day and became very real to me.  Cancer made me realize that there had been a healing going on way before I ended up at Baylor Dallas with a visible illness.

It is true today and I journeyed back to this truth all week…by His wounds, we are healed.  I am completely in awe of that truth right now as I type.  It is like I need to scream out “Lord, I get it.  I get it.  I am healed.”

Because of the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross, you are too.  You are healed of death.  You are healed of eternal separation from Christ.  You are healed from addictions and habits.  You are healed of worry.  You are healed of fear.  You are healed of insecurity.  You are healed of your attitude.  You are healed of negativity and bitterness.  Simply said, by His wounds, you are healed. 

The healing is available to all.  The price has already been paid.  It was paid on the cross many years ago.  We simply must accept it.  The healing process begins with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is the most important relationship you will ever have.  All others depend on it.   The only question is:  Will you allow Jesus to heal you?

No comments:

Post a Comment