Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Monday, April 11, 2016

Marked vehicle


I have been driving around for over a month in a “marked” vehicle.  It has been marked with an Andy Bonner sign because my dad was and is running for county commissioner.  I must confess I have been a better driver. 

The kids begged me one afternoon to pass a slow moving vehicle.  I told them I just could not do it. It was an elderly person cruising along without a care in the world.  It seemed so rude to blow past them just because I had an agenda and they did not! 

In addition to not using my manners, I would not be using my brain because of the sign on my car…DUH!  I was marked.  I was stamped you might say.  I had a name plastered on the side of my vehicle.  I had a reputation to uphold.  I reminded myself of that over and over again. 

One day we had the radio cranked up and my crew was hanging out of the windows dancing and carrying on.  I usually tend to say we can’t do that at first.  Then the peer pressure kicks in, I feel the beat, and join right in.  As usual, I was an active participant and having a blast on this particular day doing the cabbage patch.

The party stopped when we approached another car. I told my crew to cool it.  I fixed my hair and regained my composure.  We cruised on up the road like we were totally innocent.  I refused to look bad or especially to make my Dad look bad. I had to keep in mind at all times that we were MARKED. I explained to my kids that everyone knew who we were because of the signs and that acting good was imperative. 

Right about the time I finished trying to explain politics to my companions and the current situation we were in, the Lord connected the dots like He does so often in my brain. He turned the whole thing into a spiritual lesson for me.  It was like a good old slap in the face!

The LORD reminded me that I am marked at all times!  I have been since the day I invited Jesus into my heart. I am different and I am supposed to be different.  You might say…I am wearing HIS name at all times for others to see.  The question is:  How am I wearing His name?

As born again Believers, we cannot act the same as the world.  If we fuss, fight, and carry on like fools, why would anyone else want to know Jesus?  Because we know Jesus, we are not expected to be perfect or without sin.  However, we sure are expected to be different!  We are walking, talking advertisement for the King of Kings, Lord of Lords.  We are marked!

Paul bears his soul to the Corinthian church in 2 Corinthians.  In 2 Corinthians 1:21-22, He says “Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ.  He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.”

That is such encouragement to me. I have a seal on me. I have an owner, and it is God.  Therefore, I need to do my very best every day so that others can see Jesus in me! 

Have you given your life to Jesus?  If not, why not today? He will help you stand firm on earth and live forever in heaven.

If you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, remember you are marked and others are watching…pray today to wear your “sign” well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment