Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Sunday, June 22, 2014

Call it a wrap!

Call it a wrap! The fair again has come to a close. My family showed up with two lambs, six bunnies, bottled water, snacks, pressed jeans, long sleeve shirts, extension cords, buckets, and lots of excitement. We pulled out yesterday afternoon exhausted with vehicles coated in an inch of dirt. We left without animals, but with a basket full of filthy laundry coated in fair fun and funk! I walked by my car when we were packing up and noticed I had an extra guest coming home with me. I had a Reggae banana buckled in the front seat that was every bit as large as one of my kiddos who usually rides shot gun. His buddy, no resemblance at all, who also joined our family was a plump and very green frog. The two additions to the family were won, who am I kidding…they were purchased at 10 times their original value, at the carnival. They were not bought with my money, but with a stash of cash my children had been saving up from their grandparents. If history proves to repeat itself again, the animals will make it for a week and have an injury and end up spilling tiny white particles, that move every time you try to vacuum them up, all over my floors. Someone will run to get a handful of Band-Aids and attempt to repair the boo-boo. I usually wait until the middle of the night and smuggle them out of here at that point. I left the fair and headed straight to Ft. Worth to watch my daughter play softball with my three kids and two extra. We left the fields about 10:00 p.m. and headed home with softball dirt mixed in with the fair dirt proving to coat my car even thicker. When I pulled into Fairfield after midnight, I had a car full of sleeping children and empty Whataburger cups and containers everywhere. I was at the point of uncontrollable laughter when I made the last stop at my nephew’s house. He woke up a few miles before his house and we visited on the last part of our journey. I guess he looked around at the four sleeping kids the car surrounded by all of the junk and said “Aunt B, how are you ever going to get these kids out of your car?” I really think he wanted to say he felt sorry for me! I started laughing and could not stop even when I walked him up to his door. Bragg’s question was a question that I ask myself often. I think we all do. How am I ever going to…? You can fill in the blanks with whatever you are dealing with. How am I ever going to get the job, pass the test, say I am sorry, move, get over the death of a loved one, start over after I messed up so badly, beat the addiction, trust someone again, say good bye, pay the bills, keep my mouth shut, etc. How will you ever ….? How will I ever…? I ask myself that sometimes on a daily basis. The only way we will ever do anything in life, from the massive to the mundane, is with Jesus Christ. I was too tired last night to explain it to my precious nephew, but in my heart and mind, I knew the answer. The only way I do anything is because I rely on the strength of Jesus Christ. In Philippians 4:13, Paul wrote “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” If you are searching for an answer to your “How will I ever…” it is in this verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment