Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Sunday, June 22, 2014

Easter

Our Easter was perhaps the most simple and best Easter ever. Our outfits did not match and were not even new. There were no fresh flowers on the table or corsages on our wrists. (Corsages were all the rage when I was little girl.) We did however spend time with both of our families, enjoyed the perfect and much anticipated spring weather, and church was truly a blessing this morning. I just tucked in the last sleepy kiddo of my crew. For some reason after our prayers, he asked if we could have a day that all I said was “YES.” I asked him to please explain that concept a little bit more. He said “Like a day that we can do anything we want to…maybe the water park in Waco and Sonic if we want it, whatever we want, Mom.” I let him know that soon it would be summer and that a “YES DAY” was a possibility if they had been obedient and said YES to everything I asked of them the day before the big “YES DAY.” I am not sure if he liked that idea. He said “Oh, forget it, I am going to bed.” His question coincided with my week because I had a personal revelation about Easter. As it turns out, Easter was/is really the greatest YES DAY ever. In my preparation for delivering the kid’s message today at FBC in Fairfield, I prayed for the Lord to give me a clear direction of which way to go with the children. As usual, the message was for me to learn and take in way before I planned on teaching it. I realized I had never really gotten a grasp on what Easter means to me as a believer in Jesus Christ until this year. When Jesus was on the cross, John 19:30 says that He said “It is finished” and then bowed his head and gave up His spirit. He said YES to us and took away our sin. When He spoke “It is finished” our lives really began because without forgiveness of sin, who would really want to live anyway? (Reread that…it is huge!) We also must believe in the power of IT IS FINISHED when we are struggling and drowning in our own sin. We need to allow the Lord to help us overcome whatever is holding us down. The word “overcomer” makes sense to me now. Because Jesus said yes on the cross, we can overcome. My other newfound truth is from Romans 8:11. It says “The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you.” (that is worth a reread too) So, if I believe that verse to be true and the entire Bible is true, then there is no reason for any believer to be down for too long when the same power that rose Jesus from the grave three days after his death resides in every child of God. That verse has been ringing loud and clear in my head and forcing me think that I better rise up and live because Jesus did just that. Because He lives, I can and will rise up and make a difference in my little world around me. That all began with Easter. If Jesus lives in you, rise up today. If you realized that you are living a meaningless life, say YES to Jesus and today and every day for eternity will have meaning. Jesus said YES, not it is our turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment