Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Before the TENT

We are less than a week away from “The Tent.”  If you do not know about “The Tent”, please read on.  It all began with Belle Johnson, a 9th grader from Fairfield.  She asked me to meet with her back in August about a VISION the LORD had given her. She wanted to have a revival.  The Lord told her to have a revival!  
She did not sense this "meeting" should be associated with any particular church.  She wanted all people, churches, colors, and ages to gather because of Jesus. I asked her why she wanted to do this. She said "Jesus has blessed me in so many ways, and helped me through so many things, I want to give something back to Him." 
She went before the City Council by herself to humbly ask for use of the fairgrounds. They said YES!  We live in a great town.  Fairfield is special.   
Starting this Friday, October 21st, after the football game, THE TENT:  an out of the box 48 hour praise and worship service to glorify Jesus will begin.  It will conclude at 9:00 P.M. on Sunday, October 23rd.    There will be no preaching, political or social agendas, or extended intercession from the stage. There will be worship, adoration, and thanksgiving offered up to Jesus Christ. There will be music, and we pray there will be people gathered night and day.
My main prayer when Belle gained approval from the city was for someone to help with the musical side of this event.  Belle’s Mom, Misty, and I were comfortable with the set- up, volunteers, t-shirts, and etc.  However, sound systems, speakers, and mics were a foreign language to us.  The LORD quickly answered my prayer.
Jason Francis, a Fairfield native, contacted me and said he wanted to give back to Fairfield. Years ago, several people from Fairfield sent him off on a trip that launched his career as a musician.  Jason called his associates in the Southern Gospel world.  He told them about Belle’s vision.  They said YES!  They are coming.  The sweetest thing is that these artist who travel the world singing will be here, but also many local groups signed up.  Our music slots were full in only a week.  We are thrilled.    
Prayers have continued to be answered.  Churches, families, and friends have donated money.  Several Fairfield City Police Officers offered to do security for free.  The City has continued to bless this event.  They are loaning Belle their stage and tent.  Signing up volunteers was a breeze.  The Davis and Tidrow families offered to cook a Saturday night meal that will be served from 5:00 to 6:00.  
Planning this event has not been stressful. I know that is because it is the Lord’s Will.  This is His Tent, His weekend.  I sure am thankful though that a young lady shared her vision and was bold enough to obediently speak up.
If you have an hour, two hours, twenty hours, or even 48 hours, come to the fairgrounds this weekend.  There will be music.  There will be prayer.   There will be joy, peace, and love.  There will be a timely Word that will bless you, heal you, and encourage you.  There will be individuals congregated to corporately thank the LORD for all that He has done and for all that we know He will do.  

We will have chairs.  We will have water.  We will have the tent.  Bring a picnic, bring your friends and family.  Bring your Bible.  
I do not know what this weekend will sound like, look like, or turn out like.  There is not a plan.  All I know is that the Lord told my little Sister to do this!   The Apostle Paul said in Philippians 1:12 that everything that had happened to him had served to “advance the Gospel.”  I pray that “The Tent” advances the Gospel of Jesus Christ!    


No comments:

Post a Comment