Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, December 14, 2016

plans

My Mother in Law and I sat here last night and talked about how amazing it is that we are all here in Fairfield.  She raised her son in Dallas.  Yes, he liked to hunt and fish.  Yes, he played baseball at Navarro, but she never dreamed that he would end up in the country like this, and it is perfect.  She could have never predicted that he would have four children and that all four of them would know the LORD.  She said what God had accomplished with her family was more than she had ever hoped for.  
I told her that is was like a massive dot to dot.  Years ago, with my life and with Branden’s life, God started to connect the dots.  It did not always make sense along the way, but now the dot to dot has beautiful connections, that perfectly make sense… yet, we are far from perfect and we have times that are not beautiful.  
There is another dot to dot that is in the works.  I am in AWE of what the LORD is doing.  
Belle Johnson, a 9th grader from Fairfield, asked me to meet with about a VISION the LORD had given her. We sat down for lunch and I let her talk...she said she had a vision of a revival in Fairfield, but not just limited to Fairfield folks. She wants us to invite family, church camp friends, musicians, etc. from everywhere!
She does not want this "meeting" to be associated with any particular church!  She wants all people, churches, colors, and ages to gather because of Jesus. I asked her why she wanted to do this. She said "Jesus has blessed me in so many ways, and helped me through so many things, I want to give something back to Him."
She went before the City Council by herself to humbly ask for use of the fairgrounds. They said YES!
October 21-23, you are all invited to "THE TENT:  an out of the box 48 hour praise and worship service to glorify Jesus."
We will not engage in preaching, political or social agendas, or extended intercession from the stage. It will be only worship, adoration, and thanksgiving for Jesus. Whether it is just you and a guitar, a praise band, a choir of 100, or a children's choir, you will be invited to sign up for a set. Belle hopes youth groups and families will camp out.  There will be a Saturday night meal.
5th quarter will be held at “THE TENT” after the game Friday night. Sunday night, churches will be invited to come together as ONE in place of their usual services. (Sunday morning too would be GREAT.)
Please begin praying for the LORD to move in a mighty way during this 48 hour praise revival.  Also, pray for Belle. Her obedience and faith inspire me. (This seems BIG for a 15 year old to pull off, but not really because she serves a really BIG GOD and is doing it with a desire to honor HIM.
Musicians, email me to sign up at betsymonico@gmail.com.  If you would like to volunteer to help, email me.  Make plans to be a part of this. Bring a picnic to share with someone, bring cookies to pass out to people you know and people you don’t know.  
The dot to dot with “The Tent” is massive.  I traveled to Washington D.C. with my oldest daughter in early August.  We stumbled upon “David’s Tent.”  Because of it, I had a visual when Belle started talking about her vision. I was afraid to go on the trip and even more afraid for my daughter to visit a college in West Virginia until my Mom reminded me that Banner was adventurous and brave just like I had been as a teenager.  After that, I had peace.
Proverbs 19:21 says “Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD”S purpose that prevails.”  
The LORD is at work all around us.  Join HIM this week!  


No comments:

Post a Comment