Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Clear picture

Every Thursday my husband and I split up for football games.    When you have a 7th grader and a 9th grader playing, you put divide and conquer into practice.  The girls pick which game they want to go to, typically based on possible friends in attendance, homework that needs to be finished, and what parent they think might take them out to dinner or shell out more money at the concession stand.  
Last week was different because the high school teams had a buy week.  That meant Brazos could go and watch Bosque for the first and only time.   We all headed out to the same game in Connally.  To celebrate our togetherness, I charged and took the real camera.  
I began using the “big” camera when we first got it a few years ago; however, I have never been pleased with my pictures.  I constantly adjust the settings and try harder to focus on my target.  When I am ready to aim, I fold out the large viewer finder from the back of the camera and hold the shutter button down until it turns green.  Green means go, so then I hit the button to snap the picture.  No matter how hard I try though and how much I concentrate, my pictures have never been that good.  They are more cloudy than crisp….that is, until Thursday night.
My hubby and youngest daughter nicely, yet maybe sarcastically, suggested I look at my target in the actual viewfinder, not on the fold out, fancy LCD screen.  I positioned my eye up by the little viewfinder and placed the camera carefully on my cheek.  It was amazing!
My #62 appeared on the field, and he was crystal clear.  He was also enclosed in a neat, little, green box.  I pushed the shutter button and voila…The picture was absolutely beautiful without even a hint of blurriness when I reviewed it.  
Before you knew it, I was snapping away like a professional on a photo shoot or like the paparazzi at a red carpet event.  
I took so many pictures that my husband gave me the look like I needed to “simmer” down.  Looking through the view finder was just so awesome.  I couldn’t stop. I even caught myself watching the game through it.  My new view was the best!
Sadly, I have experienced this in life as well.  I go through periods that I get up early to read and study the Word of God daily.  I stand on it.  I cling to it all day long!  When I do, it gives me the clearest, best imaginable view of everything that comes my way.  
Why then do I allow myself to put other things before my relationship with the LORD for even one single day?  It makes no sense really.  Life without Jesus is like living life in the fog.  It is unclear and blurry, just like my pictures were.  Why not choose clarity?  Why not choose Jesus each and every morning?  
Psalm 5:3 is one of my favorites.  I have used it before I am sure. It says “In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning, I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.”  


No comments:

Post a Comment