Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Coffee filters: MIA

I try to get up a few mornings a week and start the coffee for Branden when he is in the shower at 5!!! I stumbled in here this morning and nearly gave up on my task when I could not find the coffee filters! I searched high and low. I finally carefully rinsed out the old one and used it, making a decision to tackle the game of hide and seek in the daylight later and after I had a little more rest and some coffee. I decided to put off what needed to be done.

Oh! How often I do that! I put off paying bills, weeding my flowerbed, and even cleaning out the oven which today nearly set off the smoke alarms. However, the list just mentioned are things that can be put off! They can wait.

There are some things in life that CAN NOT wait. I'm dealing with a personal one now, not fun, but necessary for my survival and if the Lord is ever going to really have His way in my life!

Maybe I am the only one who has THAT ISSUE holding them down, keeping them in bondage, and popping up every now and then? I'm dealing with mine. I mentioned 2 weeks ago that I wrote out new notecards for my kids and was claiming in faith a verse for each of them. I'm adding one today for me! And... I better get up now and find the coffee filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment