Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Thursday, October 18, 2012

One note

Over 2 years ago a friend taught our lesson in Sunday school and passed around a handwritten copy she had jotted down when listening to a preacher. The notes were a numbered list of how to deal with conflict. I subbed that year and made a few copies of the note and passed it along.

Just this week my daughter's teacher mentioned the note and how it had helped her. I told her I could only take credit for passing it on. I was amazed at how the true words handwritten on notebook paper were still being passed around and used, nothing fancy, just TRUTH.

I know that the Bible tells us that the Word is powerful over and over again, but I realized that when we share the Word with others that amazing things can happen. So often we pass on gossip, our opinions, a tell it like it is text, a facebook comment, a critical word, or even just a little "jab" as my husband calls it. Let's face it: those things are NOT of the Lord and will never bring about anything worth a flip.

However, a word, note, verse, or even copy of a sermon or devotional will never be lost or forgotten. It may sit on a shelf, in a file, or in a book, but when it is found and read, it will bring LIFE and HOPE to the one reading it. Isaiah 55:11 says "so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.".

No comments:

Post a Comment