Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Monday, October 8, 2012

Flashback: Sam's & Outback

After a lazy, relaxing day yesterday without much physical or mental activity, My mind and body seemed to have worked all night in my sleep to make up for it. I was a waitress at Sam's here in Fairfield and the Outback in Arlington all night long. I woke up tired and frazzled because, like all nightmares involving waiting tables, I was the only waitress with a restaurant full of hungry, impatient guests. I frantically ran around all night in my sleep.

My first thought this morning was fact or fiction? Was I a part-time teacher or a busy, stressed out waitress responsible for an entire restaurant all by myself? My feet ache just thinking about the miles I would have to cover or that I did cover last night in my slumber.

Ah, a sigh of relief. The dreams were fiction and I still have my HOPE that I can do the job that is set before me today. HOPE because even when my plans fail, I goof up, or I allow my little world to become too busy, the Lord will hold me up and will not leave me alone in my own nightmares.

Dreams of falling, life failing? This is a promise from Psalms 37:23-24: "If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment