Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Friday, October 12, 2012

Sprained ankle

Two kids today at work had ankle issues. One was a young lady who had been to physical therapy and had cute, hot, pink tape to give her support. The other was a young man who turned his ankle in P.E. and had a miserable look on his face.

Both took me back to 3rd grade to the old high school gym and fourth quarter of a Little Dribbler's game when I am sure I had the greatest JUMP SHOT ever recorded in history.  I went up, shot released, followed through just like I had been taught, and came down...landing all wrong on my ankle.  I know I heard a pop, break, fracture to say the least.  After ice and elevation, I settled into the fact that I had a sprain.  I have never gotten over that one.

A verse that keeps on coming to mind since my attention has been drawn to ankles is Psalms 18:43 "You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn."  Have you ever felt like that for whatever reason you needed some extra help or a broader path?

Anytime we are walking with the Lord, not being perfect because we will never be, but seeking Him and spending time with Him in His Word, we have a promise.   He promises to stay with us at all times, guide us onto the right path, and even make the path broader when we may start to stray!  I love it!  It gives me hope and feels so good to know that in basketball I may turn an ankle again, but walking with the Lord and on His path for my life, I am safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment